Main area of specialisation is in the management of the sports injured shoulder. To date over 1500 surgical procedures carried out to correct shoulder dislocations/instability.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
• Graduate Trinity College, Dublin.
• Orthopaedic Higher Training Program, Ireland.
• Heinola, Finland – Upper Limb Fellowship
• St Galen, Switzerland – Upper Limb Fellowship
• New York. USA Columbia University Hospital – Shoulder Reconstruction Scholarship
• Former President British Elbow/Shoulder Society
• Former President Irish Society for Surgery of the Hand
• Former President Irish Association of Occupational Therapists
• Co-ordinator Dublin Shoulder Sports Course – 1994 – to date
• Member of the Board of Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine (Ireland)
• Vice Dean of the Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine
• Sports Surgery Clinic
• The Beacon Hospital