Treatment of hip conditions at SSC have been developed with both young and old in mind; from initial consultation and investigations, to surgery and rehabilitation, every aspect of care is tailored towards achieving a rapid return to daily activities
Total Hip Replacement (THR)
- A proven and reliable treatment for management of severe regenerative osteoarthritis of the hip.
- Modern hip replacements have been successful for over 40 years.
- New implant designs and materials are being developed to facilitate hip surgery and prolong the lifespan of replacements.
- Often described as the most successful life changing operation ever performed.
- Minimally invasive.
- May be recommended following failed attempts at non–operative treatments.
- Can be used to address issues with soft tissue surrounding the joint.
- Has helped surgeons and researchers gain a better understanding of problems surrounding the hip.
- As surgical techniques, evolve it is anticipated that hip arthroscopy will play a greater role in diagnosing and treating hip disease.
|For further information or to contact one of our hip specialists, call 01 5262000 or email email@example.com|